Hey, ya’ll – it’s that time of year again. Time for Computer Science Week starting December 7. That means, it’s time for the Hour of Code. And here’s what you want to do: try learning code for just one hour. Really – it’s just not that hard no matter how old or young you are. The resources available for free online are amazing.
Want to get involved? We’ve curated a list of San Antonio area activities that you can join. Don’t want to be in a crowd, no problem. Just use one of our online resources and do it from the comfort of your own home.
- Ask your school to participate (already hundreds are…check to see if yours is one)
- Host your own Hour of Code event
- Take an hour to learn yourself
- Or attend one of the FREE local events below.
Some local events
- Hour of Code Minecraft workshops start Dec 7 at 4:30 pm at the Microsoft Store at La Cantera. Register here.
- Head to Café Commerce at the Downtown Library on December 10 from 5 to 6:30 pm to engage in Code Combat with the gurus from The Iron Yard. Register here.
- Online: the Hour of Code with iD Tech for a free Tech Rocket tutorial, December 8 at 4 pm Pacific. Sign up here.
- Head over to the Apple Store at either North Star Mall or The Shops at La Cantera. Checking this afternoon, there are still a few spots left for Thursday. Register here or here.
Get your code on, ya’ll! Be sure to sign up for Youth Code Jam’s email list if you aren’t already on it so that you’re first to know when we offer our summer camps in 2016. Yep – you heard that right. We’re finally going to do it. And boy do we have some cool ones planned for you!
And remember: Geek is the new cool.