Why Sponsor Youth Code Jam?
Developing the workforce: Conservative estimates suggest there will be a million unfilled jobs in programming by 2020. In fact, computing jobs are now the largest source of all new wages in the U.S. With San Antonio firmly established as #2 in the nation in cybersecurity and home to the #2 concentration of data centers in the US….San Antonio is a hotbed for continued tech growth. You can help establish the workforce.
Keeping it free: Sponsors are what make this event possible and help us democratize computer science education for kids. Youth Code Jam events are powered by volunteers, but it’s our sponsors who keep Youth Code Jam events free to participants and provide scholarships for our camps for families who otherwise could not afford to send their kids to learn to code.
Teaching critical skills: Our stations are patterned after the pathway to a professional programming career in an increasingly digitally-connected world. We focus on teaching systems thinking, critical thinking, design, basic coding languages and more.
What more info? Call Debi at 210-669-6911 or send her an email. She’d love to talk with you about your goals and interests and see if there’s a way we can work together.
Opportunities to Sponsor
From our top tier sponsorships to marketing and promotional opportunities, there’s a something for everyone who has an interest in supporting an initiative like this. Here are a few ideas:
- Sponsor scholarships for low income students and those under-represented in the technology industry to attend summer camp and other learning activities
- Underwrite the cost of student attendance at our free code jam and community events
- Sponsor a Youth Code Jam Fellow, an educational opportunity for top high school programmers
- Be the title sponsor for on one of our outreach events
- Buy t-shirts for the kids
- Provide giveaways and goodies for our students
- Sponsor the snacks at our camps
- Buy a laptop (or two or three) to loan to a student who doesn’t have one at our events
- Help us purchase cool tech toys for our students to play with
- Tap into our students for high school internships at your company
We’ve got more ideas. Just get in touch with Debi!
Youth Code Jam is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and all donations are tax deductible.
We would not be able to do what we do without the generous support of these amazing companies, organizations and individuals. Consider joining this outstanding group:
Want more information? Call Debi at 210-669-6911 or send her an email. We’ll be happy to pop a prospectus right over to you!